17.4.10

Art on Site


Now that I am having the great oportunity to design a huge building, I also have the experience of being on site every week. I happen to have a big passion for art either abstract paintings and sculptures. So I couldn’t avoid noticing the similarity between a real piece of art and, what I call, “circumstancial art”. In my last trip to San Francisco I went to the SFMOMA and there was a Richard Serra Sculpture presented on the terrace of the Museum. This sculpture, as all Serra’s steel sculptures, created an inner space and invited the admiror to surround the plates he created. Suddently I discover a spontaneous location of the formwork on Site that was very similar to what Serra did. I just wanted to share this with you and make you answer the next question: Is it the name of the artist what makes an art piece? Or can any spontaneous action become “circunstancial art” and be as good as a wellknown artist sculpture?

No hay comentarios: